10.21.2008

dreams. somebody's glass of brandy.


2/26/07
at the house. I’m ducking around corners in front of the house trying to hide from people on the road. There are no trees as there were before to hide me from all the cars. All of a sudden there are lots of cars passing by on the road. The house is a standard Victorian, not the real house but a ‘dream’ house. 5 kids come up, ignoring me, start talking about going in the house. Maybe one throws a rock. I butt in and start telling them why they should respect the house and about how cool it is but they don’t care. The front doors slide and are made of glass and I stand just inside them trying with all my might to shove them together while the kids stand on the other side trying to open it. I keep yelling at them ‘you cant come in here you cant come in here!’ and all of a sudden there are like 20 of them in the blink of an eye. A realization, not a vision: we all get arrested. I’m fined. Im in an office hiding in cubicles with some other girl friend and bones is there pointing out on some official statement the amount I was fined, the amount I need to write the check for. He is wrong about the amount though. Forty two, not seventy. (reference to watching ‘bianca’ on ‘cathouse’ get her paycut, no doubt) . realization: I’m arrested.
then I’m in a hospital room having a baby. I didn’t even know I was pregnant. I keep trying to call Jason but cant get hold of him. I have the baby, a girl. They don’t even let me see her, they just take her away. I’m in a sort of hotel hospital. I am drugged and weary and I try to reach a higher floor to see my baby but the elevators are so confusing. One goes sideways. Id ont even know where im going I’m just trying to go up. There are lots of people there too. When I finally get to the desk I tell them it’s a miller girl. She has no name yet. They bring her to me. I think I maybe feed her and then I have to leave, returning her to the care of the hotel.
In the parking garage below. Just a quick scene.
Then back from an elevator to my apartment, in a regular apartment building. Brian? The creepy guy from reynold’s building is there. I hug him and cry on him a bit. Then I see the padlock (red) to my apartment door is broken in two. Somebody just took those huge lock cutters and cut the lock off. It is in two pieces, on the floor. I enter, freaking out. I see money on my dresser- nobody stole that. I immediately go to my cameras. I find one bag. Empty. I’m falling apart and bawling on the edge of the comforter. Brian is looking on. Then I find my two REAL camera bags at foot of bed. Cameras are in tact. I assume they took nothing. That’s good…..
Next door I go to clint’s apartment. His lock is broken through too. He’s dead.

I’m trying to explain to Rachel, will, and a couple others what has happened. I take will from the department store he was shopping at and take him on a walk down the street, trying to tell him what has happened. I am thinking of my baby, this is two days later, and she is still at that hospital/hotel. Rachel, will and some other guy and I sit in the corner of the dark parking lot (it is night) and I cant get through to them what all has happened due to tears and lack of wanting them to have to bear it and the other guy who keeps interrupting. Somewhere along explaining to them and thinking about what has happened I think of how much more money clint’s artwork I have will be worth now that he’s dead.
Angie is there, the owner of a bar whose parking lot we’re in. cops show up and are all over the place. She dumps out somebody’s glass of brandy and tells them all to wait until the cops leave to leave.