
Dreams of the house
I dreamt I was at the house with Claire – billowing curtains
Sitting in the kitchen with Claire and some children come to the front to see if we can play?
I am searching for her and calling her name outside and in the backyard but I can’t find her. I walk to a back room over a rug on hardwood floor and look out to see it is dark outside, through billowing lace curtains. Pink?
Kids come to front door, come inside but I can’t keep them out – I am looking at the front of the house. I creep around and get inside. A mob of college kids come to the front door and are trying to get in – I’m pushing as hard as I can to keep the front doors closed together (like sliding glass doors) and saying ‘you can’t come in! you can’t come in!’ but they come in anyway and I run away, scared the cops will come.
The dream of being homeless and the house being gone – someone else and I are staying in a building to the left of the house (facing the house) and the house is gone. As I knew it would someday be. They've torn it flat to the ground and I can see across the field in the moonlight, the hallowed ground.
We are homeless and are staying in this little house, sleeping on the floor. Somehow we aren’t careful with keeping lights out and keeping those blinds closed and someone finds out and we hear on the radio that they are coming to take us to jail. So we pack up real fast and hitch hike it. Walking up the road. We come to a place with food for the homeless but they are feeding non-homeless also. I choose the brownies for the homeless because they are better, and go sit at a table of people to eat.
The dream of the house being like elaine’s house and rooms and doors that are like dumbwaiters kind of. Rooms that have mini-stairs in between them that go up to other rooms or simply stairs that go up and go down into another room? Maybe not.
Mom and the new doors lying on the floor – I keep trying to go to the house which is sitting on a little grassy hill and the roof is gone. Mom and I keep trying to go there but we’re scared the landlord will catch us and put us in jail. We go in one day and see brand new white doors lying on the floor and realize they are about to restore the house.
There is a secret door on the wall by the staircase. It leads to a room with a bed, a rug on the floor, wooden floors.
Similar to a secret room in the house in a different dream.
Claire and tom moved back into the house – were showing me around the new place. It was huge. I was scared of falling down through the stairs? They had torn back a wall and found pretty tiles that were part of a basement?
A little girl who lived in a tree who was the ghost of the house