10.21.2008

dreams. the house.


02/14
In the house, with Jason. A door that was pegged into its frame on top and bottom and taped shut. Another door to enter this forbidden room was kept unlocked. Rachel kerley loved the room… LOVED the room, loved keeping it unlocked so others could love it as well. I remembered Claire taking me in here to show me old things that were once part of the house. Walls lined with shelves. Baskets with greenery, Christmas garland in the bottom. Most of the baskets had been emptied. I went to the corner and discovered three beautiful boxes. Treasures. One was like granny used to have us play with jewelry out of. On one shelf with them was a book, a diary, dated 1850? At the page I opened it on. A man’s writing. Very fragile pages, and already opened to a page, the pages bent back behind it. It was paperback, obviously. I had gotten a women’s intuition urge and locked the unlocked door when we were in there. I feared someone would come in. after finding the book and exclaiming to Jason as to how beautiful and what a find it was, someone rattled the door I had locked. They couldn’t get in, so we left? Then I discovered matt, rachel’s bf had discovered the place, and maybe he owned the house as well, and was planning to take all the things out of it. I was inconsolable. Rach and matt came from a back staircase into the room and I didn’t see them going through things but I did see Rachel kerley, exclaiming in an excited ‘rock and roll, bad ass’ voice that the door unlocked was ‘the way she liked it’ as she poured over some old treasures.
Then I was in the basement of the house. A woman was there. A professor? I wanted to show her my plaster sculpture. James h from the dorms had worked on it, and I was thinking about which chisels to perfect it with. Will came and was saying he had finished his project already. We left him behind as we went to see my piece.

Prior to this, Jason and I discovered in the house many rooms we’d not seen before. They led us to an extravagant bathroom, huge. The panels of the shower walls were different makeup brands, colorful, flashy. Eric rickert was bathing in this huge pool and was mildly happy to see us in what was his studio.