10.21.2008

dreams. nazis.


2/15
the houseboat was in a cove, my family was on board. Dad was driving, I’m up front. I spot a tree stump sticking out of the water. Yelling at him that we’re going to hit it. He carefreely leads us right over it. We feel it bump along the bottom of the boat and when it gets to the front he throws the wheel hard right? And it hits us and we’re pushed up out of the water as we go over it. (I guess we were going backwards somehow because it started hitting us from the back of the boat, though I was on the front watching it come towards us)
then I’m in the water, knees on an almost first-time skier board, using sticks to push other sticks out of my way or is it to push me along? I’m frightened being here in the water alone. The boat is behind me with everyone else on board. I feel the pressure of the water against me as I push against it. And I feel fear a bit.

Next dream of the night:
Then there is some kind of cult, a labyrinth of sorts, and a man overseeing it. He takes away all our rights, and then come our rights to wear individual clothes. We’re all given army green cotton t-shirts, oversized, to wear. I think we were all women, each with different rooms in this labyrinth. I tried to trick my way out of it, though. I tried to trick him. Saw myself approaching a counter with another lady at it to maybe get my rations or something, maybe to get my shirt. He looked like Salvador dali, and was likely a metaphor for my father.