2.04.2009

dreams. tixby.

Tixby. The last people to live in the house, before Claire. An older lady with blonde/white hair is showing me a book, an album of the house. as she opens the book my vision becomes that of the cameraman shooting a home movie, in the seventies. He lives in the house and is giving a tour. I cannot see him but I am imagining what he looks like as he brings the camera up the stairs and onto the second landing. The film is only lit by the on-camera light. Edges are dark. He is laughing. And talking to the other woman who is on the second floor. She is in her nightgown. White, light. I keep saying, this isn’t the house this isn’t the house but then I see through the banister, it is the house.
I imagine the man who is working the camera to have one of those awesome seventies mini-fros and facial hair accordingly.

The video comes to the second floor and then to a room at the top of the stairs that doesn’t exist in the actual house but in the dream-house, yes. I say this is the room where much happened. The idea is that it was converted for many purposes and I don’t remember what. I may remember an ironing board or an idea of something like that.

I think there is a cat there too, maybe black. The ghosts at this point try to pull away and my vision is torn between in this video, in the seventies and with them living in the house, to the present, sitting with this woman who last lived there, with her albums and memories.

They are upset with me for some reason and I want to keep seeing. They stop wanting to show me.